I used to be addicted to accomplishment, literally. I could never achieve enough, There was always an opportunity to create more, and I took it, mostly because I thought it would make me happy. I wasn’t, it didn’t; but my exhaustion grew exponentially and I became irritable and unreasonable and disconnected without really knowing it.
Here’s what I did, and still do, to connect to my heart and open myself up to my own sense of happiness:
- Build in rest periods into every single day.
- Lie on my back and breathe in guided meditation for at least 10 minutes a day.
- Reach out to my tribe and do an expression assessment. In honesty, daily.
- Let go of at least one bubbling resentment daily.
- Practice gratitude daily.
- Wear life loosely.
- Cultivate balance.
- Look myself in the eye and say I love you.
- Do the same to someone else.
- Honor the glass as neither half full nor empty, but just as a beautiful glass. Again and again and again, daily.