Top Ten Reasons to go on a Bocce Date in the Middle of Winter in Minnesota (in no particular order):
- It makes for a great story, before and after the fact.
- You can actually have a decent conversation while hurling small balls down a small corridor toward another smaller shinier ball.
- It really does not matter if you win or lose.
- Bocce is actually fun.
- The date itself begins to matter very little.
- There’s no real room for discussion of exes or the reasons for dating or expectations or even next dates.
- It’s carefree!
- Has a fixed ending.
- And is earnest and innocent and free….
- A subtle reflection of my gratitude-infused life.
Thank you for all of your comments. It means more than you know.
Such a fabulous beginning.