I have discovered, frankly a better description might be, have come kicking and screaming, to grace and acceptance and the gentle yet powerful practice of gratitude. It was never ever my first choice, during what I have irreverently phrased “the old days.” I just had so much ego, that was yoked pretty tightly to a fear that kept me imprisoned, fairly depressed and completely angry and disconnected.
The reality: I had to wake up and find myself or my life would never be my own and I would be alive simply to fill up a body and go through the motions of daily existence. Quite simply, I broke the chain that shackled me to a perception of myself that was completely fruitless and limiting, resulting in an open-hearted courageous and energetically engaged me.
Gratitude changes when the chain is broken and your life is turned inside out.
Here’s my list for tonight:
1. The peace instilled in me by great and loving friends.
2. The Serenity Space at livebig365, created out of a lot of hard work and strong collaborative spirit. There is wonderful healing and wellness work already being done here.
3. My son Dylan who brought me a frozen yogurt tonight, on request, complete with fresh fruit and yogurt chips.
4. The big and beautiful practice of yoga, on and off the mat. It has saved me time and again and again and again……
5. Me! I am doing well and I’m proud of myself.
Thanks to all of you who read this blog and buoy me up with your fabulous support. I am enormously grateful to each and every one of you.
Big Loving Namaste!