“Yoga is also cultivated on that which is dearest to your heart.”
Patanjali’s Sutra 1.39
Over this past year, I’ve made the following promises to myself and they have served me well:
- Follow your heart. (Easier to write than live).
- Walk your own path. (Yikes!)
- Journey fearlessly (Yes, I can!)
- Treasure your techniques. (My experience is they reveal themselves slowly, in their own time.)
- Know your destination is always near. (Tough one)
- Be a patient parent to your process. (Ditto #5)
- Live fully those moments when you feel most free. (Love!)
- Learn from your mistakes (Yes!)
- Listen carefully to your teachers of choice. (Good one.)
- Awaken healing from within. (Key aspect of my business).
- Practice patiently. (Patience, again!)
- Surrender the results. (Of course!)
- Let each moment be a meditation. (Bird by Bird.)
- Listen in silence. (Bliss when it happens).
- Honor your challenges. (Takes some effort from me.)
- Swim in your own lane. (Much improvement by me here.)
- Release limitation. (YES!!!!)
- Follow your heart. (Bears repeating.)
Much gratitude to one of my teachers, the inspirational Joseph Le Page.