I guess I’m probably not fooling anyone by rounding out my livebig365 Love Is Series by highlighting my unabashed love for my four children. Last night was my daughter Sasha. Tonight is my second son, (by 10 minutes), Dyl’s turn.
GRATITUDE TOP 10 (again, in no particular order):
- I feel unbelievably happy and comfortable every single time I am with him.
- He has a tatoo on his arm (I honestly told him not to do it) that says Mom.
- He’s unflichingly honest, especially about himself.
- I have never met anyone more loyal, sometimes I have often believed to his own detriment, and he just looks at me when I state it out loud, and shakes his head.
- He gives me permission, sometimes with wry amusement, to be my authentic self.
- Before he was born, I had to go for monthly sonograms. Seb and Dyl were my first pregnancy, so I knew nothing. Every month I’d lie on the hospital bed, holding my mother’s hand, while we watched the nurses try to locate his heartbeat as he flipped around up and down, side to side, “Now where is he?” He’s still dong it his own way to this day.
- He gets me and loves me with a sweet ferocity anyway.
- He’s the quirkiest thinker I know and will one day, as a result of that edgy, unfathomable mind, create something that helps to transform the lives of others in unbelievably inspiring ways.
- Today, he invited me over for baked macaroni and cheese with pancetta. We all hung out and watched the Olympics; from Ping Pong to archery, and just had an awesome time.
- He’s got a hell of a lot of courage, that modestly rolls off of him in waves. It attracts people to him and he just humbly accepts everyone. He’s a gift in that way. And I’m just really energized and grateful to be a part of his life.
Huge hugs to you Dyl. I love you!