Forward momentum is a fabulous concept. It is remarkable to be in the flow, move downstream, lead with the heart. You know the drill; and it is definitely not a game for me, I am simply cognizant enough, (just), to be aware that I can very easily get in my own way. And one of the most distinct ways that I choose to do this is by over thinking, playing around in my head and dabbling in default patterns of behavior that keep me stuck without my even realizing it.
I’d love to be perfect; to change course as soon as that red flag goes off in my head, before I’m even involved in impeding my own growth, but that rarely happens. I have to work quite rigorously every single day to maintain a bright light that invites me to move into greater possibility and purpose for myself. I have daily rituals that keep me close to love and hew and make soft my sometimes jagged edges so that I can be and live with authentic intention and a graceful heart.
Here are 8 in no particular order:
- Every single time I’m about to think a negative anything, I ask myself if it’s really true. IT NEVER IS!
- I meditate. Not some huge, back aching phenomena, five minutes in the morning, legs crossed, five minutes at night, sometimes on my back. My mantra comes from Sally Kempton: Hum Sa (swear to God).
- I forgive myself for thinking doing or saying the wrong thing. I have to do this more often than I’d like: Today, 3 times.
- My daily to do list is flexible.
- I take fantastic holistic vitamin supplements that have upped my energy and increased my flexibility beyond what I had ever thought would be possible. So much so, that I now offer them and other health and wellness enhancements as part of my clients yoga regimens. GREAT STUFF! BECOMING UNSTUCK!
- I say out loud to myself: You are a good and loving person; Because I am. In fact, I believe, based on experience, that if I lead from this premise, the most egregious people in my life are broken down and reconstituted; not necessarily changed, but gentler in their relationship to me. And that’s a good thing.
- I love and I am loved. Really, the best! And it comes at me in all shapes and forms and sizes on a daily basis. I am way, way, way beyond grateful for it! I express this gratitude in daily lists.
- I journal my dreams and desires as if they were already true, no matter how outrageous. Be careful with this one, things tend to manifest very quickly with this process.
I am not going to represent to you that living within these rituals came to me quickly, easily or without a lot of fine tuning and trial and error. But I am going to stand firmly on the side of the creation and daily practice of them. I want to wear life loosely. And using these eight concepts helps me to be the gracious, kind, passionate person that I have always aspired to be. And when I live within that truth, I am able to serve others in an engaged, honest and heart-centered fashion that opens me up to a power greater than myself and gives me great hope that my present moment is absolutely everything that it could possibly be.
BIG BIG ONWARD TONIGHT!