Musical Accompaniment for tonight’s post:
Chitlins Con Carne, Kenny Burrell:
Today’s Mantra repeated over and over in my head, mostly for reassurance purposes, “you are doing great, you are doing really great!” I believe it, but I also know, as a small business owner, how relatively subtle and nuanced from day to day the definiton of great can be.
I am loving what I am doing. On a day to day basis I get to help people become unstuck with Yoga Life Coaching, work individually with customers on transforming themselves physically and spiritually through the practice of yoga on and off the mat, offer wellness solutions through really cool vitamin supplements, and in general represent myself and tell my story authentically as a means to service others and invite them to engage with me in changing their lives. It’s really fabulous stuff.
My challenge is the balance I need to maintain between the creative and actual development side of the business, (I consider that a mixture of heart and head ), the authentic heart-felt day to day operations aspect of the business, (people, my strength), and the technical/administrative, (total head), side of the company which I would like to have delegated to someone yesterday. Honestly, creating equanimity in all three of these dimensions is still an ongoing process and I believe, if I am doing my job right, it always will be.
So here’s what I’m doing in the next 11 weeks to help maintain this balance and keep growing, I hope with integrity, this very young company of mine.
- 2 separate Certifications that broaden the spectrum of my offerings: Yoga Body Bootcamp with the awesome Debbie Williamson and Restorative Yoga with my friend and mentor from Kripalu Sudha.
- Finish creating the 12 separate sequences for my Manual: The Twelve Steps to Personal Transformation.
- Enhance and expand upon my print media in preparation for an important Table presentation on April 19th.
- Entice someone who is web savvy in my universe to help me overhaul my website. (I’ll trade for free yoga and I do travel). If you are out there, let me know.
- Finalize the yoga schedules for three new private clients and 1 new workshop
- Set enough time aside every day to rest!
I used to think that successful people had some sort of magic formula that just had never been imparted to me. I really believed that I just didn’t have the genetic chutzpha to implement or help to realize my desires. Somehow that life well aspired was meant for others. I’ve since learned that the only difference between those people who do and those who don’t is the being and the doing; the dreaming, the believing and the manifesting. As unbelievable as this notion once was to me, that is it. So that’s how I roll now, I’m being it and doing it!
I have a wonderful community of the heart, (Kula), that upholds me and oftentimes keep me afloat and peaceful. I am buoyed and propelled forward by its love and its awesome encouragement. I include all of you in it and my heart swirls with love for all of you.
With that in mind, I would love to know what you think.
BIG DREAMS, BIG STEPS, BIG LIFE!